Investment Property Checklist
Have you just purchased an Investment Property? Perhaps even thinking of renting out your home. Here is a great checklist put together by the Realty8 team. They are sure to go a long way to attract quality tenants and increase your yield in the long term.
- Check that all appliances in the kitchen are clean and in good working order.
- Check all aircons and fans. Ensure that aircons are serviced annually. Replace remote batteries.
- Check garage doors and remotes – replace batteries.
- Turn on all taps, check for leaks and that water pressure is good.
- Check walls, ceilings and floors for mold, mildew, stains or cracks.
- Steam clean carpets, mop tiles and wipe down any areas which may be need attention.
- Check all doors and windows to ensure that they can be opened and closed easily.
- Clean all window and door tracks. Vacuum and dust blinds and curtains.
- Check all locks and ensure that keys are available for all lockable doors and windows.
- Check all security doors and screens, including fly mesh.
- Check all lights and power points to ensure that they are working.
- Pressure wash all paved areas and decks.
- Ensure that all garden beds are neat, tidy and free of weeds.
- Ensure that the lawn is mowed and hedges are trimmed.